Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 25 -- Warm weather is coming

Mom and Dad!
How are you doing?? I am doing just dandy! My week has flown by! It feels like I was emailing you yesterday. I think that as we work hard, time just goes by so fast. I can see now how a mission goes by fast. Transfers are in two weeks! Some of the members are really sad about that, but until then I will endure and give it my all! The weather here has been actually pretty warm and humid. The thunderstorms last like 10 min which is a bummer... It doesn't rain long at all. But lately its been about in the 80's and it has been awesome. It hasn't been hot yet and I already have started to sweat like a sinner at church.. I can't wait till summer haha!!!!
Mom that is aweome how you are sharing your testimony with your friend!!! That seriously is so amazing! A lot of members sometimes are afraid to talk to other people about the gospel. Keep on telling her! I think the one thing that everyone loves to hear is that they are loved. That brings so much happiness to people.
Well some things this week... We did the normal of chopping trees and splitting wood. Then for Papaw we started digging out trenches so he can lay down cement. He is building a barn/garage shed thing. We helped Troy Greene, a former member, clean around his land. We spent a long time picking up trash and just junk, tearing down fences, and put it all on a trailer and took it to the dump. In his house he needed new flooring, walls and a tub for his bathroom. We stripped everthing and just destroyed the tub. We took a spliiting ball and destroyed his tub. It was really fun and really good that we were there to help him. Sister Greene took pictures so she will send them to me soon so I can send them to yall. Then Papaw, he really enjoys us and really needs our help. He talks to me about his wife's death. He said when the person your sealed to dies, it makes you really wonder and tests your faith. But for some reason, just me talking to him, helps him a lot. A lot of people judge and think badly of the Hillbillies in Kentucky. BUT I think they re amazing people. It is so humbling to be able to serve them and to be there for them. I have learned so much in these last 6 months that I definitely could not have learned back home. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve.
Wednesday was District meeting, in Paris, Tennessee. We went to a members home in Paris and it was nuts... I am pretty sure that it is like an add on from pig pens. It was pretty crazy how people can live like that. There were cockroaches everywhere. I had to flick one off of Elder Clark.. But I guess that's why we go around and spread the gospel to everyone. I love you so much and miss you tons. I am so thankful for all that you do. Have a great week!
Love Elder Vaughn Dee Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment