Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 56 -- Transfers -- Columbia Tennessee

Hey Dad and Mom,
 
Transfers were this weekend!! Usually they come out Saturday.. but we didn't get them until we were walking out the door to go to church. Sooooooo! I am getting transferred out... I am sort of sad about it because I wanted to stay in McMinnville a long time! We just set two baptismal dates on Saturday night;  Trenady and Caleb for the 10th of November. But it's the Lord's work and I will go where he wants me to go. So.... I am going to Columbia, Tennessee! I am pretty excited because it's still in Tennessee and Elder Rothlisberger served there for a while and it sounds like a pretty sweet place to serve. I have heard Columbia is the Mule capital and it's where they filmed the Hannah Montana movie! So I'm stoked! My new companion, Elder Ahocava, is from New Zeeland and he has been out for about 6 months now. I also got called to be District Leader.
 
I am grateful for the time I had to serve in McMinnville. It was amazing! I learned a whole lot too! I am really sad to leave all these awesome members, people we are teaching, and everything about McMinnville. Especially the Blair's.  We saw them last night and we are going out there again today. I can still teach them over Facebook starting Friday. I took a two week break, but I am starting on Facebook again.   Mcminnville will be a great place to come back and visit. We have to see the Blairs. You would love where they live. It is so cool. They are great Christlike people.
 
The weather has changed overnight here! It is 43 degrees this morning. I got a bad cold or something this week. I haven't slept for three night now, but today I am feeling a little better.  I have been using medicine. Mrs. Blair is checking up on me too!!!!
 
Elder Christofferson is coming this weekend to create a Murfreesboro Stake. And Elder Nelson is coming in December! I am so excited! 
 
Time is just picking up! OH! We set a baptismal date with Trenady and Caleb for the 10th of November! Pres McKee gave me permission to go back for Trenady and Caleb's baptism. That was pretty cool. For some reason the computer is being dumb and I can't upload pictures... So i will next week for sure.
 
Mom and Dad, I am so thankful for you and our whole family! I love y'all so much! I saw a LDS face book picture about missionaries the other week. It says the definition for missionary is "one who leaves their family for two years to help other families be together forever." And it is so true. I have never had this feeling before. I never had a testimony like I do now. For anyone who is thinking about a mission. Just go. I never thought I could do the things that I have done on my mission. AND I have only been out a little while.  I still have learned so much. I LOVE MY MISSION!
 
Have a great week! MIss you tons!
 
Love Elder Vaughn Dee Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment