Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 37 - Another Baptism

Mom,
This past week seems like it went faster than usual. It wasn't really jammed pack of stuff, it just was a good week. No complaints. We had a BAPTISM!!! It was Justin webster who is 9 years old. So it really was.... you know.  Funny thing though... The Bishop of the 1st ward was supposed to conduct the service, but when 3pm rolled around he was no where to be found.  So Elder Rothlisberger conducted the service. The Bishop walked in right after the actual baptism part. I felt bad for him but he got stuck in Nashville traffic. It was a very good and spiritual baptismal service. I am greatful that I had the chance to teach Justin. It was way fun to be able to go over to their house and have little lessons with the family.
Bro Webster is a stud! He reminds me of Round Valley a lot. He wears his wrangler jeans, boots, and his white shirt and tie to church every week. He is great.  
This week we had a family home evening with the Pendly's, Bro Whitney, and Roger. We watched "Finding Faith in Christ and had a discussion about it after. It is nice to have FHE as a missionary.
On Tuesday we got a new investigator with a baptismal date! Her name is tiffany. She is married and has like 4 kids. Her husband is a member but not active and hasn't been for a while. The sad thing is, she did not come to church yesterday... but we are going out there on Wednesday to go see her!
Wednesday was a Brother Higdon day haha!!! We had two killer lessons with two families! They live way out in the Sticks, so its a little difficult for them to come to church. But there should be no excuses. Heavenly Father will always provide a way for us. We also went to Ken Kessler's farm and talked with him and helped him out a bit. We tilled his garden again and picked black berries. I didn't get shocked this week which is very good haha!!
Thursday we had a zone conference in Clarksville, Tennessee. That was my favorite zone meeting so far on my mission! We talked about having no deviance from the white handbook. We also talked about how we can get caught up doing missionary things over and over, and we forget that we need to BECOME like our savior Jesus Christ and DO what he does. It was pretty awesome. It also was good to see Elder Tondevold again! He is too funny. It was fun to talk to him about our stories in Murray haha. He leaves at the end of this transfer!
When I came out he was only a year and 3 months out. Time has went by sort of fast. Friday we went to Sister Painter's farm! I love going out there to help her. She got 14 more alpacas! They are so ugly haha and mean! I got cow kicked again by one.  But it is so relaxing and just fun to me to put on our blue jeans and go to work. We cleaned out her barn and stalls. And then cleaned out her horse trailer.
Service is one of the favorite things about my mission! Saturday we had an awesome lesson with the African families! We read 2 nephi 2. We were trying to teach the purpose of life. They understood it pretty well. Then we watched some mormon messages and they loved it. They love the fact that there is a prophet on earth today! And as I was thinking about that later on, it is one of the best feelings to know that Jesus Christ is running this church. This is HIS work we are doing. And HE will help us on our way.
My eyes are doing pretty good. I still get headaches every now and then. So I started carrying a gallon of water with me each day so I stay hydrated and that has helped a bit. I still get migraines once a week or every other week. But I am not to concerned about it. Thank you so much for getting that cd!
Thank you so much! I love y'all so much! Thank you for all that you do for me. I am so thankful that I have this chance to be able to serve the people in Kentucky. I would not want to be anywhere else. There are days when its not as easy, but as I endure and work my tail off every day, it definitely is worth it. It's a great feeling to know that I am working side by with the Lord. I hope yall have an amazing week! Sure Love you!
Love Elder Vaughn Dee Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment