Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 36 -- Slow but Steady

Mom and Dad!

I am so glad to hear that you are having a great week! I bet that your going to have a good time at girls camp! It sounds like the girls are going to learn a lot! It is amazing to see young people gaining knowledge of the restored gospel! Sometimes I wish that I would have taken seminary seriously, but I can't live in the past. I am glad that I am here in Kentucky and I know that what I go around telling these wonderful people is true. I know and have witnessed life changes. I have seen tough men, who I respect with all my heart and look up to, get down on their knees and pray with me to our Heavenly Father. I have been part of priesthood blessings that are true miracles. The priesthood is amazing and has been restored. These experiences I have had in these few months I have been out are so sacred and special to me. They are testimony builders to me.

Anyways! I hope aunt Heidi is feeling better! Please send me her email again so that I can write to her.
Aunt Hope emailed me again! I failed at emailing her back the first time! I am sorry Aunt Hope, but I will email you as soon as I can! Her email was awesome! It is so cool how she can be mowing lawns then all of the sudden be testifying about the Book Of Mormon and the Restored church! What an example to me.
I wrote Grandma back and will send it today. It has been a while and I am sorry again Grandma.. But it's on its way! That is pretty cool that Uncle Jake moved into his new house! I am excited about Grandpa's gym! I bet that he just has a bunch of crazy people like Aaron lifting there. Haha. 
It sounded like Devan loved the trek much more than I liked the trek.  Haha!!! It was a good experience. I was glad I got to experience that with Jamison. We worked our tails off. I look back and enjoy the memories of it all.

So i got an email from Todd today... He was saying how he was sad that he was leaving the area and that he had SIX baptisms in the one month!! I was thinking what the heck! I just laughed. I know that my efforts aren't wasted. I have impacted many people's lives and was able to be apart of Sis Brewer's conversion.

This week was a little slow. I went on an exchange with Elder Horner, zone leader, in Goodlitsville, Tennessee! There were a lot of African American people in that town. We met someone named Brother Hut.  He was awesome. Thick southern accent and was a Vietnam Vet. He was telling us stories of how he got shot 4 times! He said he was picked to go crawl around in the tunnels and stuff pretty nuts. It was a good week just pretty slow. We didn't really do any service this week which was kind of sad, but got to walk around lots!

Well mom I hope you have a good time at girls camp! The only thing I need is that computer cord so I can send y'all pictures! Or a music CD called "The Trek" by Jason Deere. Its like one of the only music we are allowed to listen to.   OH! I got a whole in one of my pants Dad got at the missionary store. I don't know if they said to send it back to them and they would send a new pair or what but I thought I'd let you know. Love you so much!!

Love Elder Vaughn Dee Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment