Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 4... Part 1 of 3

Mom,

Your handwriting is so much better than mine.  Dad writes his letters and his handwriting is not the best either.  I am doing great!  I leave tomorrow for Tennessee.  By the time you get this, I will already be there.  IF you could put my address on Face Book that would be awesome!

I am learning so much!  I 've started wearing my glasses more which has helped reduce my headaches.  I really like the books you gave me.  I started with True to the Faith and I am halfway done.  And, do not worry, I do look and count my blessings everyday.

I can recognize the spirit all the time in my life now.  I LOVE teaching investigators.  They have a thing call TRC at the Missionary Training Center where you share lessons with real investigators.  And it is for 45 MINUTES!!!  Me and Elder Huffaker taught a man named James who is about 70 years old.  He really enjoyed the lesson.  It was great to teach.

I pray for you and Dad numerous times a day.  I have never prayed so much in all my life! HA HA!  But it is Awesome! I love sharing my testimony and was glad to hear that you have been able to do the same thing at work.  It make me feel so good when I do.  It is scary, but each time gets a little bit easier.  I know through diligence in my studies, prayer and faith Christ will be there for me whenever or where ever I may be.

I love you so much Mom.  Words cannot describe how thankful I am for all you have done for me.  I love you with all my heart.

Elder Vaughn Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment