Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 3

Dad,

Well today was my P-Day so I did my wash sent emails and got to do a session at the temple.  I got both packages today.  Tell everyone thanks.  I really needed the food.  I have been sick and I think if was from the food.  It was good to each something else than the food here.  The time here seems like it is flying by and I cannot believe that I leave on Monday.  The first couple of days were so long.  Each class was three hours, sitting at a desk, reading and studying.  I am not going to lie, it was pretty tough.  But each day got better and keeps getting better.

The other elders in my district are cool and nice.  They both are from the south.  Elder Pennington is from Georgia and Elder McFaddon in from Mississippi.  Elder McFaddon is way different.  He like alot of Japanese entertainment.  But we get along.  He has a sweet accent.

Our Zone Leader, Elder Graziano is my role model.  He played football at Nevada University and then at Arkansas Tech.  He is 25 years old and decided to serve the Lord.  He talks to me all the time and I hope I can be a great missionary like him.

I wear the short sleeved white shirts all the time.  I am really glad we got those.  We have to wear out suit coats alot, so I have not really worn any of the other pants yet.  We leave Monday morning at 4pm.  I fly into Denver and then we have a layover.  We then fly to Nashville and stay with the Mission President that night.  We can call when we get to Nashville so I will can you and Mom on your cells.

Well I love you so much.  I know that I did not understand how much you did for me before I left.  But I know now and thank you for all that you sacrifice for me.  Thanks for all that you have taught me.  I hope to become the man that you are today. 

Love,

Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment