Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 46 - Birthday Day week!


Mom,
How are y’all doing?? Golly I am turning 20 this week... It is to crazy. I am nervous about it I don’t know why. But it is all good. I love Sunday’s as well! Well especially when I was at Grandma and Grandpa's because it was just a relax day, and y’all know I love Round Valley. I can seriously live there forever. But anyways, my Sunday was great as well. Church went really well… Michael and Amanda came to church. Michael is getting baptized on Thursday!! I am so excited! I have no idea why all of the sudden these baptisms pop up but I am more than grateful for the opportunity to teach these wonderful Tennesseans. So Michael is having his baptism on Thursday because his schedule on Saturday doesn't work out. And you will think this is funny... Friday won’t work because everyone is going to the football game haha! I thought it was kind of funny, but I am crazy too. But so that is why he is getting baptized on Thursday. RIGHTEOUS!
Yesterday we went down yonder to Smyrna, Tennessee to switch for exchanges. So right now I am with elder Moser, who is from Sacramento, California. But we will switch back on Wednesday.
This past week was a good work week. Did some more tracting and contacting. Mowed some lawns and found some Less Actives and will start visiting them!  An older lady in our ward came up to us and asked if we could   teach her friend.  She also said that her husband is in active and would like us to talk with him. I am glad that the ward is working with us more and more. If every area was like that missionary work would be way easier haha...
We had an amazing lesson with Amanda! It was pretty awesome. I had given her my conference Ensign from last October, and she loves it. She is starting to post things on facebook from the Ensign! I was so shocked when I saw it haha. But she is progressing and is praying for a baptismal date! So she is moving along.
Michael was having some hard times last week. More girl drama than anything.  And you know dad and those sorts of things. And I think I am becoming like him more and more haha.  I had a very good talk with him about how all this drama stuff is not from Heavenly Father.  Heavenly Father has given us this gospel to fight the forces of evil. And then I had a brain blast and just had a sweet visual lesson with him on the chalk board. He really understood it and thanked us so much. I am just so honored and grateful that I am here In McMinnville Tennessee at this time in my life helping those come unto Christ. It is an amazing blessing in my life and a privilege. Honestly a mission does more for you than you do for the Lord. It seems like you try to give it you’re all each day and in the end you get so blessed.
I love all the pictures! Oh man do I miss camping on the beaches, and the white mountains. Elder Whitney is doing pretty good. He is getting pretty trunky though haha. But he is respecting me and is doing the best he can. He really got into the work last week. He really does care for the people we are teaching. I am hoping that it sticks with him. He is a great elder. Another interesting companion but I know I am to learn a lot of lessons from these 6 weeks. Ii am sooo excited! I am almost to the top of the mountain and I will work even harder this next year! I am so thankful for you mom. You are just straight up amazing. You do so much for me and I am grateful for that. And I love all y’all! Thanks for all the support and love and prayers! I miss y’all so much and love y’all with all my heart! Have a great week!
Love your son
Elder Vaughn Dee Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment